




The photos are from the Forum. Caroline is standing in front of the Temple of Saturn. Bonnie told us about the Arch of Septimus Severus and Helene taught us who the Vestile Virgins were. Sean took us to the spot where Julius Cesear was cremated after he was murdered.
Tuesday, Sept. 12th By LynnBonjourno, the kids are too busy studying their topics to write so here I am again. Did I mention that we don't have internet at our villa? We come down to the village together. It is very small town, but busting at the seams with people. Our internet point is in the back of a very tiny shop. When we drive down the street, we recognize it by the racks of clothes on the street at the front door. We walk in past the clothes and shoes, head to the next tiny room that has supplies of all kinds, from flashlights to clocks and then we pass into the internet site. On one wall is a row of desks that the Henrys are currently filling up. On the other side is a wall of booths with phones. Like the old phone booth! It costs us £2 per hour to get on line.
Our next stop in Rome is the Vatican so we are getting ready.
Thanks for listening to my ranting about safety. It is an everyday worry and the kids are just more fragile here. They are ready to come home. Actually, I think they were ready before we left. But as I keep telling them, someday, they will thank us for this!! (Yep, I say that. Just like generations of parents before me.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home